Aperture Priority


Related image

I have been struggling lately with full in manual mode so I decided to switch it up and use AP known as aperture priority. This mode helps with prioritizing the depth of field over the shutter speed. This mode gives you the advantage of shooting speed, control over technique and the best exposure all at the same time. 

In Aperture priority, if you want the best exposure with the fastest shutter speed, you simply need to set your dial to the maximum aperture. You can do this even without looking at the settings. Remember bigger aperture means more light coming in. I have Tamron 10-24mm,  which is f/3.5 at the widest angle. 
It may seem that having an f/3.5 aperture is limiting, but this limit is actually the biggest advantage of Aperture Priority. 

I've really enjoyed messing around with Av mode and plan to keep on using it. I haven't given on up full blown manual but plan to shoot more in Av.  
  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Student art show submission.

Editing on my mac and replacing the hard drive and ram

August 30th Post